What is Reflexology
Reflexology is a type of massage that involves applying different amounts of pressure to the feet & hands. It’s based on a theory that these body parts are connected to certain organs and body systems. Reflexologists believe that applying pressure to these parts offers a range of health benefits.
People who practice this technique are called reflexologists.
The benefits of Reflexology
Reflexology is linked to many potential benefits, but only a few of them have been evaluated in scientific studies.
So far, there’s limited evidence that reflexology may help to:
- reduce stress and anxiety
- reduce pain
- lift mood
- improve general well-being
In addition, people have reported that reflexology helped them:
- boost their immune system
- fight cancer
- get over colds and bacterial infections
- clear up sinus issues
- recover from back problems
- correct hormonal imbalances
- boost fertility
- improve digestion
- ease arthritis pain
- treat nerve problems and numbness from cancer drugs (peripheral neuropathy)